Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Homemade Laundry Soap

I made homemade laundry soap. I'm loving it. It made about a 3 Gallon bucket give or take but I put it in smaller tubs to store easier. It smells great I used Sun Kissed Flowers.

Here's the recipe:

3 Fels Naptha bars (I found it already shaved at Walmart so I didn't have to shave it)- $2.64

1 box Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (55 oz)- $3.97

1 box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (4 lbs)- $2.24

1 box 20 Mule Team Borax (4lbs 12oz)- $3.96

1 tub Oxi-Clean Stain Remover (3 lbs)- $7.56

1 Arm & Hammer Clean Sensations* (28 oz)-$5.00

This time I didn't have to pay for the Borax because I have the bestest mom in the world and she gave me a box. So total invested was $21.41 the tax. Not too bad. You just mix it all in the bucket and only use 1-2 tablespoons per load. Should last up to a year. Depending on how many loads you do. Yields about 575 loads.

This is the site I used if you'd like to check it out.

http://savingbydesign.com/diy-laundry-detergent-recipe/#_a5y_p=3456364


*The website used Purex Crystals. You can use any kind of crystals or unstoppables.

No comments:

Post a Comment